Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My heart is heavy this morning. It seems like everyone around me... students, teachers, friends.... are all dealing with family crisis (I can't figure out how to pluralize that, lol) that are beyond anything I could ever imagine. I mean, really crazy, awful stuff. And I feel so burdened with their situations that all I can do is pray to be used somehow beyond the obligatory, somewhat superficial response of, "Oh yeah, I'll pray for you." It's challenging to put on that game-face and be full of joy for the kiddos. But they're the ones that need it, cause they're some of the ones going through all this garbage.

BUT... good things that make my heart happy?

There are fifty 8th graders in the room next to me belting out "Go Tell it on a Mountain" at our school's new FCA club.

The kiddos are lined up for homeroom with their noses pressed against the windows, mouthing, "Can we come in?!" May I be filled with strength and compassion that prompts me to love with every fiber of my being today, because I certainly can't do this on my own.

No comments: