Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mom's Here

It's a joy to spend time with your mother, especially when you haven't seen her since July. That's been the longest ever, I think... I promise not to ever do that again, Momma. We spent a relaxing weekend shopping & walking the beach, and I found this, which was the first I've ever seen in my entire life out in real life:


I've also had a life do-over. After a month of stagnant TV watching on the couch, eating like it's a second job, and motivation for absolutely nothing, I've run 4 times this week. I bought lamps at HomeGoods. I even ordered pictures from our Europe trip to put in the frames we bought last August from IKEA. Both our families are celebrating Thanksgiving at our house; that's my deadline for getting everything in order!!

By the time November 22nd comes I will:

*Paint both guest bedrooms
*Buy a bedframe for the mattress that's on the floor
*Put up art and frames that have been resting on the floor for a year and a half
*Recover the kitchen chairs and buy drapes
*Find random pieces of thrift store furniture that I can revamp
*Make guest bedroom look like this: 


I can do it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, that's my deadline too. I don't have such a thorough list, though. Right now it's all in my head...perhaps once it's November it'll get written down.