Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm watching some show at 10:30 about a family who sold their house and moved into an RV to travel the country. I'm fascinated! I would love to travel all fifty states with my future kiddos. I guess I'm still up because I've been planning for tomorrow. The 9 weeks just ended and it's on to a new elective class. There are many things I could have done way better, so I want to make sure I get it right this time. I feel like I didn't put enough time into the class, but came up with last-minute activities to pass the days. I liked the kids, but I didn't give them enough to do, so they were hard to manage. I hope that the class meant something (anything?) to them.... but I know that I can do a lot more for this nine weeks. Teen leadership provides an awesome opportunity to challenge and stretch the kids in ways that could be done with a youth group. If anything, I hope they feel that I respect and will grow to love them as individuals.

Um... let's see what else. I had to scrape ice off the windshield this morning! Ridiculous. Oh, and back to the whining part; I feel like I could be doing so much more... like my lesson plans could be so much better. What if my teaching sucks? What if they're not learning enough because I'm not preparing them well? I wish more could be done, but then again, I'm staying super late at school and planning when I come home. While I want to pour everything I have into it, I'm also married and I need some time to be revitalized, both individually and through spending time with my husband. I don't want to get burnt out my first year! I'm realizing that at the end of the day I need to prioritize what needs to get done, then save the rest for the next day. There's no way I can get everything done, even with a planning day (I did grading for five hours and no planning!) 

Well anyways, I have Friday off due to an 'illness.' Think 'mental health' day. Gotta go to sleep now. 

No comments: